CLIK subscribes to the manifesto developed by library supporters and Voices for the Library. We believe that a public library service should provide:
- A wide-ranging, quality book stock available to borrow without charge.
- Up-to-date ICT that is available to access free of charge and without restrictions, supplemented by support from trained staff.
- Access to ebooks remotely and without charge.
- A wide-range of quality online services at no charge.
- A space free from commercial influence.
- Dedicated services for teens.
- A service managed by professionals that allows for greater freedom for staff to enhance the service.
- Volunteer opportunities but only as a support to paid staff, not as a substitute.
- Library buildings that provide a modern, welcoming space.
- A service owned by the public, not private companies or a sub-section of the community.